Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Back to Basics

My morning sickness has finally subsided, and veggies are starting to sound good again. (Well, at least as good as veggies can get.) I am trying to eat at least a few servings a day, but it's not always easy (unless you count the tomato sauce on my pizza).

One good thing about pregnancy is that I am enjoying sweeter foods... which means I've actually developed a taste for fruit! In the past, I avoided fruit as "too sweet." But now I find myself craving things like bananas and berries. (On the downside, I am also craving pudding and cookies.)

I'm also craving white, starchy carbs... things like potatoes, rice and pasta. Can't seem to get enough of it! And, unfortunately, I'm not doing enough exercise to justify the large portions I'm eating.

But as I enter the second trimester... hopefully I'll get a handle on my cravings.

No comments: