Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Dinner

My previous Valentine's Day would have included:
  • Expensive restaurant meal with wine... including dessert.
  • Wine at home
Total calorie consumption would have probably been 3,000 just for dinner and drinks (not including breakfast and lunch).

Today, however, Hubby and I dropped things back a notch. No wine (since it's not good for Baby), and lunch out instead of dinner. My lunch wasn't the greatest--crab cake sandwich and onion rings. But hey... that's what the Baby wanted!

By the time the day is through, I'll probably have consumed a total of 2,200 calories. Much less than previous Valentine Day celebrations... and almost right on target for a pregnant lady needs.

The biggest saving grace is the lack of wine... since a bottle can easily have 1,000 calories (and it wasn't unusual for me to drink a bottle on my own during "special" occasions). Whew! It's always hard to believe how many calories I was really consuming during the days I was still drinking.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

You did more for your valentines day than we did!! With a newborn and a 2 year old I was in no mood to go out.