Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Holiday Weekend Report

Well, my Labor Day weekend had its highs and lows.

Highs: Ate clean for about 75% of the time (more than expected) and managed to do a nice long run on Sunday.

Lows: Drank too much wine and ended up smoking some cigarettes, too.

Now that the weekend is over, I'm back to clean eating, exercise and no cigarettes. There is a bit of a snag in my plans, though.

This month an old friend of mine--who currently lives overseas--is visiting. He'll probably be staying with us a fair amount... we'll definitely be seeing him a good bit, I think. And he smokes. So somehow I have to muster the willpower to say "No" to cigarettes whenever he's around. (It's a lot easier to stay quit when none of your other friends smoke.)

Anyway, I think I can do it (although I failed the first night he came around). I'm going to try and stay focused, and I'm also going to lay off the booze a bit. Alcohol has a way of lowering my inhibitions and decreasing my willpower.

Today's workout is going to be a short run... just something to burn off the cigarette smoke in my lungs and get me started again.

1 comment:

Fatinah said...

I can so relate to your smoking problem. I have also quit - except when around my mother or mother in law. Somehow, I just can't stay away. Makes me crazy!! Good luck!!