Friday, April 18, 2008

Passed The Sugar Test

Whew! Just got the news that I passed my 3-hour glucose tolerance test. That means I don't have gestational diabetes. It's a huge relief, since I was really worried about it.

However, I probably should take my moderately-high results from the 1-hour test as a warning. It's time to cut back on the sugar! (It just sucks, 'cause I am totally craving candy bars and ice cream.)

I'm not a total sugar-aholic. A 1-pint container of Ben & Jerry's will last me for four snack sessions... that's basically 1/2 cup serving of ice cream each time I eat it. That's probably not too bad (especially since Hubby can eat the entire pint in one sitting!).

Nonetheless, I do need to try limiting my sugar to just one sweet snack per day... plus cut back on those starchy carbs and add some more veggies to my diet.

2 comments:

Fatinah said...

glad to hear you passed the test!

Cory said...

Glad to hear that you passed that test.