Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Stretching My Foot

Since I've pretty much cut out running--and am down to just strolling through the neighborhood--my foot hasn't been bothering me. In fact, it's been feeling pretty darn good. So I think it's safe to say that my plantar fasciitis is definitely a result of running.

Of course, since it's feeling good now, I should probably be stretching it to keep it nice and pliable. But I just keep forgetting to do it! I have always been bad about stretching... it's my least favorite part of exercise. I occasionally do some yoga, but not very often. It just bores me.

Let's face it: I am a give-me-the-action kind of gal. But I know I need to start stretching more. Not just my foot, but all my muscles. I just gotta find the motivation to do it.

1 comment:

Fatinah said...

stretch, stretch, stretch - it's important even from walking......sometimes I role a tennis ball under my foot....I find yoga more fun if I don't think of it as exercise and think of it as time to get to know my body. The best part of yoga is even one sun salutation stretches you out from head to toe, and you can do it as fast or slow as you want.