Thursday, July 19, 2007

Exercising On A Random Schedule

Ever since I quit my corporate job to freelance full-time, I've found myself with a varied schedule. This is compounded by the fact that Hubby works a varied schedule, too. Each week he works different days.

So my exercise routine has, as a result, been floundering. I'm waking up later. I'm eating at haphazard times. I'm trying to squeeze freelance work in with spending time with Hubby, when maybe I should be focusing on my work a little bit more.

Overall, this month has kinda been a bust. I've generally felt adrift. At sea. Lost.

I guess I need a regimented scheduled to stay on track. I'm going to have to create one if I hope to be focused this next month.

I think I'm going to try and consistently wake up three hours before Hubby. That gives me 90 minutes for exercise, time for a shower, plus an extra hour to get some work done before he gets out of bed.

Maybe having some time to myself in the morning will help my exercise feel less random.

4 comments:

Amazon Alanna said...

3 hours earlier? Jeezie creezie...I'm lucky if I can get myself out of bed 30 minutes before he does.

Good luck with your time goal!

Fatinah said...

I quit my job last year, and I found keeping my schedule the same as if I was working really helped. I still get up the same time as when I was working, then I use my old work time for working out and blogging! HA!

Anonymous said...

I just posted about how this time of year is a great time to buy exercise equipment on the cheap, because everybody's schedule gets out of whack. (Post is on runathena.com)

The only place I've ever lived where summer was PERFECT for exercise was Redondo Beach, Calif. You could be outdoors any time of the day or night and be just fine. But summer always screws with me exercise-wise, unless I swim.

Anonymous said...

I have found index with some guidebooks similar to your blog content and would like to share. There are interesting ideas for body fitness, health, muscle, lose weight etc. Get it and enjoy! :o)