Tuesday, June 12, 2007

No Treadmill

Went downstairs to my home gym, ready to hop on the treadmill today (too hot for an outside run!). I tried to turn on the TV, but nothing happened. Then I tried to turn on the treadmill. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Clearly the electrical gadgets plugged into that outlet were not getting any juice. So I tried plugging the power strip into another outlet. The result:


Sparks flew, gray smoke curled through the air, and I felt a bit of a shock.

So, until further notice, my home gym is pretty much out of commission... at least the TV and treadmill. I can still use the elliptical, but I have no idea how I'm going to stand that boring machine without the TV to keep my entertained.

As a result, I now MUST get up early for exercise. If I can't watch TV, then I definitely want to take my runs outside. And with the temperatures this time of year, early morning is the only time I can handle running.

So I'm setting my alarm clock for an early morning run tomorrow. Let's hope I don't hit the snooze button!

1 comment:

Cory said...

OH! That sucks..... I hope you managed to make your run!