Thursday, June 28, 2007

Oh my aching back

Ok. My back isn't really aching. But it should be!

I've been busting my tail in an effort to start generating some real income from my freelance writing. As a result, I've been spending 10+ hours per day in front of the computer.

Now, I like my computer as much as the next gal. But 10+ hours is a little excessive even for me! When every evening my eyes get watery and a small headache forms at my temples, I know it's time to ease off it a bit.

I've been thinking about setting a timer to remind me to get up and move around every hour or so. (I have an alarm on my sports watch that would work.) Even some light stretching might help.

Even worse, I haven't been doing my typical "food prep" during the week. So instead of having handy-to-grab healthy meals, I've been munching on whatever's convenient.

This is the curse of the workaholic, I guess.

I haven't heard anything about the July challenge, but I'm assuming it's on. My July goal is definitely going to have to be related to exercise--I've been a total slacker about it. I may still get out and run 4 miles every once in a while, but my non-running days are starting to outnumber my running days.

2 comments:

Fatinah said...

take care not to get too crinky that you can't blog! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Girlie, I'm so with you on being overworked!! My eating the past 2 days hasn't worked so well,my grab n go is being re-evaluated this weekend.