Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Favorite Fitness Magazines

I read a lot of fitness and health magazines. I used to buy them all from newsstands, but it started to cost waaayyyy too much. Now I subscribe to some and buy others.

My favorites include:

Oxygen: This is a Canadian women's fitness magazine. It's geared toward fitness competitors, but it has plenty of good advice for anyone who's looking to lose weight and shape their body. The magazine focuses on clean eating and strength training.

Women's Health: The female version of Men's Health, this magazine has fitness, diet and beauty advice. It's not as hardcore as Oxygen, and it's reader-friendly for women of all fitness levels.

Fitness RX: I like this magazine because many of its sections are short summaries of current scientific research related to health, fitness and nutrition. The blurbs usually give an overview of the research and then a few sentences of how it can be applied to everyday life.

Fitness magazines provide me with guidance, advice and plenty of motivation. The slim, fit models help me shape goals for my own fitness and body.

2 comments:

Fatinah said...

hmmm, you mention 3 magazines I'm not yet addicted to.....guess I'm going to have to check them out!!!

Scott Hidalgo said...

My sister reads Oxygen and I flipped through a few issues the last time I was at her house.

I have to say I was impressed with its focus on real strength training...no pink dumbbell stuff in there.

I've never read Women's Health, but I have read Men's Health and I'm not a big fan. I don't think that the routines mentioned in the magazine are intense enough to actually achieve the body that most people who read the magazine are looking for.