Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Taking it Easy

For personal health reasons, I need to take it easy on exercise for week or so. I'm not giving up on it entirely... but I'm walking instead of running, and pretty much avoiding any type of strength training. It makes me feel a bit antsy, but I gotta do it.

I'm trying to stick with eating only foods with some type of nutritional benefit. Non-nutritious foods are off my diet. We're going out to dinner with friends tomorrow, but I'm going to "just say no" to the alcohol, so that will make it easier for me to control my food. Also, Hubby and I are financially broke... so I may just make do with an appetizer for my meal. That way I save calories AND money.

One thing about being in a tight financial position--we're eating out a lot less and drinking less wine/beer.

In past months, our liquor/alcohol bill was about $200 a month (that includes parties we give where we supply the booze). Cutting back on drinking will help me save calories and money, too!

3 comments:

Cory said...

Well, I don't know what your reasons are, but I hope things are alright.
Our bodies need a rest from our exercise routines occasionally, so think of it as a good thing for your efforts.

Anonymous said...

probably yes human souls do need rest :) so this is something in accordance with that in a pursuit of maintaining fitness

Anonymous said...

cory is right i expect things to be alright at your end buddy