Friday, August 24, 2007

Weekend Fears

Already the weekend is looming ahead of me.

Hubby and I are hosting a BBQ tonight for his family, and then another BBQ tomorrow night for friends. Both of them mean lots of food and drinks.

I still haven't been able to get my workouts on the type of schedule I want. Ideally, I would get up early in the morning and workout for 2 hours before I get my day started. Unfortunately, my body has a different idea when my alarm sounds in the AM. Instead, my hand shoots out and hits the snooze button, and I go back to dreamland.

I doubt I'll get up early to exercise this weekend--too much pressure on me. I have to clean the house, cook food, organize things... I know I'm going to need that extra thirty minutes of sleep time in the mornings. But maybe I'll at least squeeze in a workout during the afternoon, before guests arrive.

Unfortunately, the heat has returned again--in full force. So if I do workout in the afternoon, I'll be stuck inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're hosting a BBQ for hubby's family, give him a list of what needs to be done and tell him to get busy!

This unsolicited, completely intrusive marital advice was brought to you by Athena.