Here are the pros and cons:
- Extra facilities that I could use right now, such as a swimming pool
- Extra facilities and services that we might use in the future, such as racquetball courts and babysitting
- Special events--such as Mom's Day--that may help me connect with other mothers
- Cost is $600+ annual fee, plus $100 sign-up fee
- The nearest YMCA facility is a 15-20 minute drive... just far enough away to be inconvenient
So right now it's still a possible consideration. But as my pregnant belly gets bigger, I have a feeling that a nice, soothing swim will sound like a great way to stay fit.