However, I also believe that just diet--without exercise--will only improve health to a certain point. To reach optimum levels of healthy living, exercise is vital.
- Builds muscle
- Burns calories
- Improves cardiovascular fitness
- Helps lower cholesterol
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Decreases the risk of diabetes
- Boosts bone density
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Strengthens the respiratory system
- Eases some pains and aches
- Enhances quality of sleep
That's why, despite the bitter cold, I plan on completing my long run tomorrow.