She took a few events from one day--lunch with a friend, a breakfast sandwich, a chat with a co-worker--and used those events as an opportunity to see the many blessings of her life.
I am inspired to do the same.
I've been known to complain and gripe about dieting. I've been known to get annoyed and bored with exercise.
But there are so many blessings wrapped up in my diet and fitness plan...
- I have full use of my arms and legs, so it's possible for me to run 3 or 4 miles at a time.
- It's so much better to worry about eating too much than to worry about not having enough to eat.
- My body is healthy and strong, allowing me to lift weights and stretch my muscles.
- I am fortunate enough to have the means to purchase fresh produce and whole grains.
- I have a wonderful husband who supports my healthy lifestyle, even if it means he has to eat vegetarian meals or visit my Tae Kwon Do school.
- When my muscles ache and my body hurts, it's a good pain. I am blessed that I do not currently have any major illnesses that affect my daily life.
- I have fresh water to drink. Electricity for cooking healthy foods. And a refrigerator to store leftovers.