In honor of my 100th post…
100 Things About Me
1. I was born in Seoul, Korea.
2. I was adopted by Caucasian parents.
3. Even though I no longer live in the state, I consider myself a Marylander.
4. I have a brother who's smarter than me.
5. My best friends have always been male.
6. My husband is my very best friend.
7. I need two pillows--one for me head and one to cuddle--when I sleep.
8. I am ambivalent about having children.
9. I tell people that my one dream is to be a published author.
10. But my one dream is really to be a best-selling published author.
11. I am lazy.
12. I sometimes Google old friends and high school pals.
13. I think Sam Elliot is hot.
14. I want to someday run a small-scale farm sanctuary.
15. Plants seem to wither and die when I am responsible for their care.
16. Driving in the rain scares me, and I will do almost anything to avoid it.
17. I hate transportation that requires someone else to be in control, like planes and buses.
18. I often get hives after I exercise.
19. I sweat profusely during exercise, even though I consider myself to be in decent shape.
20. I practice martial arts.
21. I don't stretch often enough.
22. My weight is a concern for me, even though people tell me I look great.
23. My legs are my favorite part of my body.
24. So I often wear high heels and short skirts.
25. I have two dogs.
26. I also have one cat.
27. I drink red wine in the fall and winter, and white wine in the spring and summer.
28. I am a creative problem solver.
29. But I am not "book smart."
30. I don't pay much attention to politics and world events.
31. I secretly watch romantic movies.
32. When I'm around others, I watch action films.
33. I had a crush on Harrison Ford when I was younger. Then he started to look like my dad.
34. I'd like to meet Bruce Willis someday.
35. I never play the lottery.
36. I often have nightmares about vampires and werewolves.
37. My favorite books are either mysteries or suspense novels.
38. I'd rather be muscular than super-skinny.
39. I consider myself more organized than most people.
40. I double-check the locks before I got to bed at night.
41. Although I am a "tree hugger," I drive an SUV because it makes me feel safer.
42. I believe that people who actually hunt, kill, skin and cure their own meat have a right to eat it.
43. My forehead is permanently wrinkled because I often scowl.
44. I was born in 1974. Probably.
45. No one knows my actual birth day because I was abandoned at an orphanage.
46. I believe in my heart, however, that I am an Aries.
47. However, I do not believe in the zodiac.
48. I get embarrassed when people give me gifts.
49. I am not sentimental and rarely keep mementos.
50. I hate clutter.
51. I completely lack artistic skills. I cannot draw, paint, sculpt, crochet or even paste construction paper together in an artistic way.
52. My sense of humor typically involves making fun of others or myself.
53. I am blunt to the point of rudeness on occasion.
54. I treasure my real friends, because they love me despite my faults.
55. I do not get close to people easily, and it takes years before I consider someone a friend.
56. I can do the "Live long and prosper" Vulcan salute with my fingers.
57. Although I can prepare a decent meal, I possess only average cooking skills.
58. I play classical piano.
59. I am not good at video games, but I enjoy them.
60. I read very quickly, and can finish a novel in one evening.
61. I am an ex-smoker.
62. I rarely pump my own gas.
63. A Bible sits beside my bed, but I don't read it often enough.
64. I only have one grandparent who is alive, and I dislike her.
65. I often wish my grandfather was still alive.
66. I wear a cross on my body at all times, usually as a necklace.
67. Pasta is my favorite food.
68. I dislike math, and sometimes count on my fingers.
69. Shopping is an enjoyable hobby for me.
70. Generally, I dislike sweets such as doughnuts, cakes and pastries.
71. However, I like hard candies.
72. I hate talking on the phone.
73. I prefer to watch movies at home rather than go to the theater.
74. I want to run a marathon someday.
75. I have been sky diving.
76. I am a certified SCUBA diver.
77. I am scared of heights.
78. People who only know me superficially think that I am kind, sweet and nice.
79. People who know the real me think that I'm abrasive and demanding.
80. The truth is somewhere in-between.
81. My favorite author used to be Stephen King.
82. But now I no longer have a "favorite."
83. Every time I walk into a liquor store, part of me worries that I am about to interrupt a robbery in progress.
84. I have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology.
85. I have a Master's degree in Criminal Justice.
86. All it takes it one alcoholic beverage to give me a "bar tan."
87. I used to be a flirt.
88. These days, I am so self-conscious about my weight that I never flirt with anyone.
89. Although I hate to watch TV, I find myself watching it for hours at a time.
90. I have never been able to follow a budget.
91. My hair is dark brown (although some people call it black).
92. My eyes are also dark brown.
93. I am five foot tall.
94. I hate it when people ask my weight.
95. But I've stopped lying about my age.
96. I dislike salad, but will eat it if necessary.
97. I work from home.
98. As a result, I spend most of my days in my pajamas.
99. I was in my pajamas the entire time I wrote this list.
100. I prefer solitary sports, like running and swimming.