I just started flirting with my secretary, and the next thing I knew it had snowballed into an affair.
I was shopping for one pair of shoes, and before I knew it my shopping trip had snowballed into a thousand dollar credit card bill.
However, my Spring Snowball is a good one.
It started at the beginning of this week, when I decided to be totally dedicated and focused until my summer beach trip. It's an 8-week, down-to-the-wire attempt to try and get really comfortable with my body size and shape.
It started with one meal. One workout.
And it's snowballing into a habit of healthy living.
I've been really happy with my progress thus far. The scale shows two pounds of weight loss. Of course, I haven't actually lost two pounds. But I probably have gotten rid of some of the excess water and bloat that's usually a result of refined carbohydrates and too much salt. Overall, I'm feeling great. Accomplishments (so far) this week include:
- Resisting the urge to drink too much wine at a friend's house
- Eating a protein bar instead of a tempting "cheat" meal
- Sticking with clean, wholesome meals
- Avoiding refined carbohydrates
- Completing--and adding to--each daily workout