Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Personal Finances

I often contemplate the idea of limiting restaurant meals. Eating out means extra calories, too much wine, and too much money.

I'm a bit of a spendthrift. As a result, hubby and I don't manage to save as much cash as we'd like. (Mostly because I love to buy shoes.) So the money we do manage to save needs to be stashed in an account that earns as much as possible.

I've found that Internet banks, in general, tend to offer the best interest rates on my savings. However, there are so many to choose from! Fortunately, websites like Savingsaccounts.com make it easy to find the right bank. Compare online banking, find a savings account or checking account and earn more interest today with SavingsAccounts.com, and you could end up with more money at the end of the year.

Some banks are offering up to 6% on high-yield savings accounts, which is a lot more than the measly 1.4% offered by my local bank.

My first step for saving money probably has to start in the shoe store. (No more black sandals!) But the second step is finding the right savings account.

No comments: