Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Confession

So far my March challenge has been a dismal failure. I know it's early... but geeze.

Anyway, rather than drinking two glasses of wine a week, I am drinking two glasses of wine every evening. (I blame two of those evenings on hubby, who insisted we socialize/go out. I wanted to stay in, sit on the couch, and avoid being close to a bottle of wine. Ok, it's not really his fault. I am my own woman, and I control my own destiny. But he is responsible for bringing temptation within arm's reach. Who of us can say "no" when a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie is laid in front of us on the table? But I digress.)

And, again, I've got lots of social events looming ahead this weekend. Ack! The world conspires against me.

I'm afraid I don't have much of a plan. I feel defeated and discouraged. Is it so hard to stay focused?

Even my belly seems to mock me. This morning, when I woke up, it hung over the top of my PJ pants in all it's flabby glory. Oh the humanity!

I thought the beautiful blanket of snow outside would make me feel fresh and new. Instead, I just feel disheartened.

You know what I need? I need to watch a TV show about folks who lose weight. I find them great motivators. Shows like The Biggest Loser and The Discovery Health Body Challenge really spur my motivation. I even like to see weight loss success people on Oprah.

Maybe I'll check out the TV Guide and see if there's anything motivating on TV today.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Warm, gooey, chocolate chip cookie? ummm....YUM
nobody can resist that - nobody