Monday, March 12, 2007

Running Sunglasses

Summer is on its way, and that means the sun will be brightly shining when I run outside. Although I wear a cap with a brim to shade my face, I often wish I had a pair of sunglasses made specifically for running.

Fortunately, OpticsPlanet.net has a wide selection of sports sunglasses. They're designed to be lightweight, shatter resistant and non-slip--everything I need when running on a sunny day. Some of them have a wraparound design which offers extra protection and easier wear. You can find styles that have interchangeable lenses or other accessories (like convertible goggles) that make them great for people who play multiple sports.

Prices vary for these sports sunglasses, but expect to pay a minimum of about $40 and as much as $350. OpticsPlanet.net does offer free shipping for some purchases, which is a nice perk.

The website also sells other types of sunglasses--such as Aviator Sunglasses and Motorcycle Sunglasses--as well as binoculars, telescopes, laser sights and more.

Although I normally wear cheapo $8 sunglasses ('cause I have a tendency to lose or break them), I may invest in a good pair of running sunglasses. It's probably worth the expense to help preserve my eyesight.

No comments: