Thursday, March 29, 2007

Review Of March Goals

Here's a review of my March Goals:
  • (Primary) Limit alcoholic beverages to two per week. I failed at this the first three weeks of March, but did manage to accomplish it during the last week. So I give myself partial credit.
  • (Secondary) Attend one martial arts class per week. Accomplished! A success! I managed to go to class every single Monday in March.
  • (Secondary) Limit cheat meals to two per week. Again, I failed at this the first three weeks, but finished up strong the last week of this month. Partial credit.
Not too bad. One goal met, plus partial credit on the other two. (I'm grading myself on a curve.)

I've been trying to think of April Goals. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as I thought. I don't want to set myself up for failure, but I do want to challenge myself. I may reuse one of my March Goals.

Alternatively, I've thought about goals that focus more on my spiritual or emotional side (instead of my physical health). I'd like to meditate more, for example. I'd also like to learn to be more patient and kind to my fellow human beings--especially the ones I love.

Spring is a time of new beginnings. It gives me hope.

So I'm going to stew on this a bit before making any decisions.

No comments: