Friday, March 16, 2007

Photo Challenge

So here it is... documentation of my Friday meals:



I begin every day with two or three cups of tea... usually oolong.




My first meal of the day is not always this hearty, but I am trying to eat a bigger breakfast. Today it was oatmeal with cinnamon, two soy sausage patties and a red grapefruit.













The next meal is my "pre-workout" meal, so I make it fairly carb heavy. Black bean soup (a homemade recipe similar to the soup served at Panera Bread) plus a slice of whole wheat bread. As a note, I drink water throughout the day.




The next meal, post workout, was two parts. Roasted sweet potato and veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts), plus a handful of nuts (almonds and walnuts).













The next meal was a big bowl of air-popped popcorn, no butter. Popcorn is my only exception to my "no distracted eating" rule. I allow myself the air-popped version while I watch movies. If the bowl looks big... that's because it is. However, I only ate about half of it.




My last meal was two parts: homemade miso soup with tofu and seaweed and a bottle of water. But I was still hungry, so I then ate half a whole wheat pita, some hummus and another glass of water.

So that's it! A day of meals for me.